Accepting New Patients
What to expect from your first visit to the Endodontist
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, treatment can be done the same day as the consultation.
The initial consultation will allow us the opportunity to discuss the medical history, assess and diagnose the tooth or teeth involved, discuss possible treatment options, as well as the associated prognosis of each option. Depending on the treatment elected, a second appointment can then be scheduled in order to provide the needed treatment on another day. In cases of severe pain, the consultation and treatment can oftentimes be performed on the same day.
Part of our consultation and diagnosis process involves a review of your medical history. This includes filling out a medical questionnaire, please be thorough in your responses. Alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to treatment (i.e. diabetes, bleeding disorders, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, kidney or other organ disease, a history of osteoporosis or bone density problems, etc.) or if you are on any medications (i.e. heart medications, aspirin, Coumadin, Plavix, anticoagulant therapy, bisphosphonates, Actonel, Fosomax, Boniva etc.).
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under 18 at the consultation visit.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any X-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking.
- If you pre-medicate with an antibiotic prior to dental appointments, please follow the instructions on your current prescription and instructions from your physician.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, submit this information to our office prior to your appointment. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Please check this website to submit or print all forms needed for your appointment.
- Please review our office privacy and financial policy on this website.
If your dentist has taken recent x-rays (within 6-months), you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. We will review any films that are sent. We will also take our own digital x-rays. Different angulations of x-rays provide critically important information that greatly assists us in our diagnosis and treatment process.
New to Our Practice?
- Schedule An Appointment Online
- New Patient Registration Forms
- Dental Insurance Information
- Payment Options
- Get Directions To Our Practice
If you have any questions or would like to schedule your appointment call our office at Viera Phone Number 321-253-8500.